Paintings by Dianne Mize

Click on image for larger view.


Friday, April 19, 2013

Carolina Wren: Beginning of a Series

"On Alert"     7" x 10"    Watercolor on Paper
$125 plus S/H
PURCHASE NOW
This is the first in a series of studies I'm doing of a Carolina Wren who has been visiting my bird feeder.  I was able to shoot a video of this little guy, then capture a number of still frames of his movements.  From these stills I have been doing a number of gesture studies.





What I'm trying to accomplish here is an immediacy with this little bird.  I have spent my career focused on the creative process, with my most recent focus being on the way we artists compose our work.  Now, I'm giving my attention to pure immediacy:  what happens when I respond to my subject without thought, with the only goal being to tune in to how I am responding.  Nothing more.

No comments: