This blog is dedicated to the memory of my life partner of nearly thirty years, Dr. Howard G. Hanson-- artist, writer, musician, and teacher-- who with me celebrated a belief that we can achieve whatever we allow ourselves to imagine. This blog reflects the whole person that our lives together enabled.

Click on image for larger view.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Double Dare

"Double Dare"
  11" x 8"  Watercolor on Paper
One of the entertainments of early spring is watching male cardinals duke it out.  So when I was asked if I'd be willing to do a cardinal commission in watercolor, it was that territorial dance that first entered my mind as I studied their activity in my yard.

I sat up my camera aimed out my kitchen window and put it in movie mode so that when the cardinals appeared at the bird feeder, I could film their gestures and expressions.  It is from these video clips that I compiled this little painting set in my woods where Spring has not yet produced a single leaf bud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent wау of dеscгibing, and good aгticle
to get іnformatіon concerning mу presentation toρic, which
i аm goіng to present in аcademу.


Feel free tο viѕit my ωeb site: bestpricecomparisonsites.co.uk