This blog is dedicated to the memory of my life partner of nearly thirty years, Dr. Howard G. Hanson-- artist, writer, musician, and teacher-- who with me celebrated a belief that we can achieve whatever we allow ourselves to imagine. This blog reflects the whole person that our lives together enabled.

Click on image for larger view.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dancing Light

"Dancing Light"  13" x 21"    Pastel on paper
$300
I finished this painting a couple of weeks before Christmas.  It is the fourth in my series of paintings from a canoe trip on the Tugalo River in the fall.

The images from that trip remain as fresh today as the day I experienced them.  During this moment, the surface of the water displayed its own painting, changing moment by moment with the movement of the water's ripples and the subsiding light of a sun setting.  Our boat was skirting along the surface of all this, adding its own note to the pulsating motion, becoming a part of a both fleeting and emerging, a dance of light on the water's surface.

1 comment:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hello Dianne,
This, as well as, the two previous posts are magnificent.
I clicked on them a couple of times and greatly appreciate the fact that the image was enlarged. So many of the blogs I follow do not feature this and it's always a little frustrating.
Anyway, your admitted struggle to enjoy working with pastels was obviously most successful and I feel fortunate that I visited your blog to experience your fine work.
Congratulations on your success and I hope you continue with this.
Sincerely,
Gary.