Paintings by Dianne Mize

Click on image for larger view.


Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sheep or Baseball

Easing back toward getting my paws ready for functioning at the easel, I've been doing a few gesture drawings in my sketchbook.  Two things getting my attention these days are the sheep shearing I watched in the early spring and baseball.  (If you've not already seen it, you can get a glimpse into the sheep adventure HERE.)



And baseball is one of the few competitive sports I enjoy.  Being a Braves fan, I follow their games religiously.  I decided to try gesture drawing the players while watching the game to discover what a challenge that turned out to be.  The cameras switch from one view to another in a matter of seconds, making it virtually impossible to capture more than a few squiggles at a time, but after my first session I was surprised at how much a few squiggles can reveal about what is going on.





 I have no idea whether these images will later get translated into paintings, nor does it matter.  What matters is that, at last, my hand is able to take a step towards getting back to painting.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Dianne


No comments: